PROFIBUS Diagnostics Training
Course Convenor: David Tomlin
Course Duration: 1 day
Pre-Text: As any engineer responsible for keeping a PROFIBUS network fully functioning and well maintained knows, one of the biggest contributing factors to down-time can be pin-pointing not only what the problem is, but where it is located - especially on larger networks. This one-day course will ensure that you really get to grips with using the PROFIBUS tester 5.
- An introduction to PROFIBUS networks, design & theory
- Typical failures in a network
- Some details on what mysterious things might be interfering with your network
- The role of permanent monitoring
- Different types of network test including:
- Cable checking
- Topology creation
- Live status checking
- Signal quality analysis for DP and MBP (PA) segments
- Collecting quick tests for analysis later
- Live testing on the PROFIBUS network
- Frame recording and a brief analysis (a topic than could cover a day on it's own!)
- Analysis of the tests both on the device and PC software
- There are no prerequisites for this course
What You’ll Receive:
Time, Date & Place:
- Dates: TBC - please contact us to arrange a mutually agreeable date.
Hitex Training Site: £200+ VAT per person
- Your Own Site courses: £700 + VAT for up to 6 people (includes time analysing your own network).
- Venue: Hitex UK Office, Millburn Hill Road, University of Warwick Science Park, Coventry, POSTCODE
Travel: Travel information and directions download.