Designing Secure IoT Systems
Course Convenor: Trevor Martin
Course Duration: 2 days
Day 1: Secure Communications
- Cryptography: The course provides an introduction the Cryptographic functions used for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Authentication.
- Transport Layer Security Protocol: We next detail how to establish a secure communication channel using the Transport Layer Security TLS protocol.
- IoT Data Formats: In this final section we look a common protocols and data formats such as MQTT, JSON and CBOR, used by the key IoT cloud services
Day 2: Device Security
- PSA security Model: An introduction to the PSA security model and how it is applied to a Cortex-M microcontroller
- Threat modelling and Secure coding: An overview of how to identify, analyse and rate potential security threats. We also consider defensive programming techniques designed to minimise potential software vulnerabilities
- TrustZone: Here we introduce the Arm TrustZone security peripheral which is used for defence against a software or network attack.
- Trusted Firmware: In this final section we cover the structure of the PSA Trusted Firmware TF-M and its associated secure services (Secure Storage, Cryptography, Attestation and logging).
- Familiarity with current Cortex-M processors
- Attended the Cortex M workshop (ideal)
- Knowledge of C programming language
What You’ll Receive:
- A memory stick containing all presentations and examples used
- A copy of the Designing Secure IoT devices with the Arm Platform Security Architecture book
Time, Date & Place: Information HERE